Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A bit of an addiction...

"Live from Hollywood, it's Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars!"

Those are some of my favorite words. Yes, I very willingly admit that I am totally addicted to Dancing with the Stars.  I love dancing, I love celebrities, I love tv, and I love shiny costumes and trophies. It's kind of like little pieces of perfection wrapped into a time of awesome every week...until my favorite people are eliminated, and then I hate it until I remember that other favorite people remain on the show.

Sadly, the All-Star season has ended.  My Twitter followers are probably thanking Jesus for this because I blow up Twitter every time that I watch DWTS...but I do the same with Glee, The New Normal, Breaking Amish, etc., so I don't feel badly about my choices.  I would share them in person, but no one seems to enjoy it as much as I do, so I'm seeking out someone in the Twittersphere who may like to converse with me regarding the glorious reality show. I have not yet found anyone. That's ok. ;)

My favorite couple the entire season has been Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough.  I'm a huge fangirl for Shawn.  I have loved her since she first competed in the Olympics, I voted for her in season eight of DWTS, I wanted her to return in the Olympics this summer and was devastated when she couldn't, and I was EXTREMELY ecstatic about her return to DWTS: All-Stars.  She's the bomb. Derek pushed the boundaries so much this season, and I love him for it...most of the time.  My favorite was definitely the trio dance with Mark because hello, beast mode. The bomb.

Regardless, I'm glad that Melissa won.  I wanted Shawn to win, but I loved Melissa this season and definitely wanted her to do better than Kelly in the finale (no one is buying that crap that she and Val are just friends...no one...).  Others who deserved to probably be in the finales or closer to the top than they were are Sabrina and Apollo. Sabrina is wonderful and Apollo is a really great dancer.  I was so sad when Apollo and Karina messed up their hip hop dance, but throwing a classically trained dancer into a rough and jaunting hip hop dance is entirely unfair. It's like taking me and putting me into a Latin dance without much prep time, but I suppose that's what the pros do with the celebs, so whatevs.  I still sympathize for her.  And Sabrina. Oh, darling.  She's magnificent, but she didn't have enough audience support. :( She's exceptional and deserved to go really far.  People know this "shocking" truth *wink, wink*, but whatevs. "It is what it is," to quote Liz and Dick.

So, this is a really fluffy post.  Nothing serious, but that's ok.  Humanity needs to focus on a few lighthearted things sometimes when there are mounting pressures that are always looming above our heads such as term papers and finals....or maybe that's just me.  Anyway, I love Dancing with the Stars. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment